The Swiss Tropical and Public Health Institute (Swiss TPH) is a world-leading institute in global health with a particular focus on low- and middle-income countries. Associated with the University of Basel, Swiss TPH combines research, services, education and training at the local, national and international level. 900 people from more than 80 nations work at Swiss TPH focusing on infectious and non-communicable diseases, environment, society and health as well as health systems and interventions.
As part of a dynamic and dedicated communications team, you will help position Swiss TPH as a leading institute in global health that combines research, services, education and training. Your focus will be to support our event management.
The internship would ideally start in December 2022 and last until August 2023. The exact starting date and length of the internship can be discussed.
Your responsibilities include:
- Support the organization of the Open House at the new Swiss TPH headquarters in June 2023
- Assist with the event management with various other events including scientific symposia, conferences and online meetings
- Support visitor management and welcome various stakeholder groups to the new Swiss TPH headquarters
- Provide writing and editing support in English and German as well as creating audiovisuals for external communications (including website, social media, flyers, etc.)
- Help the communications team with any other communication activities that may arise
You should have the following experiences and skills:
- Demonstrated interest in event management and communication
- Outstanding organizational skills
- Very good writing skills and ability to work confidently across digital, print, and social media platforms
- Familiarity with online event tools (e.g. Zoom) as well as web content management tools desirable (e.g. Typo3).
- Fluency in written and spoken German and English. Additional language skills such as French, Italian or Spanish are an asset.
The internship offers a great opportunity to gain insight into event management as well as external and internal communication activities of an internationally renowned global health institute. In this role, you will be able to develop your event management and communication skills in an interdisciplinary environment and meet experts, staff and students from different cultures.
Swiss TPH is an equal opportunity employer committed to excellence through diversity.
Please submit your application online via the link provided below:
If you are interested, please submit your application with:
- Motivation letter
Please note that we can only accept applications via our online recruiting tool:
Applications via e-mail or external recruiter will not be considered. There is no closing date for application, but we encourage applicants to submit their application as soon as possible. As long as the position is published on the website of Swiss TPH it is still open.
- Start Date: December 2022 or later upon agreement
- Location: Allschwil, Switzerland
- Duration: approx. 8 months contract
- Percentage: 80 - 100%
- Travel Required? No
For further information about the position, please visit our website: https://www.swisstph.ch/en/about/dir/communications/