When you join Novo Nordisk, you will be part of a worldwide team, focused on changing the future of diabetes care and united by our culture of trust, respect, and collaboration. Novo Nordisk offers an extraordinary environment where bright and engaged people flourish and grow — as we support one another in the global fight against diabetes.
Does your motivation come from challenges and working in a dynamic environment? Are you excited about understanding the business and bringing attention to key business challenges? Then we might have found the right position for you.
In this role you will be part of our Legal, Compliance & Quality (IO-SO LCQ) Team. And report to the Legal Senior Director, primarily supporting the Legal function on various tasks and projects.
As Legal intern, you will primarily focus on advising the line of business on legal solutions, reviewing and drafting various types of agreements. You will ensure adherence to and compliance with legal and compliance processes in the organisation. Depending on the need, you will further support the broader Legal and Compliance function and the IO-SO LCQ team in its organisation, communication, and training needs. Additionally, you will support paralegal activities.
In this position, you will have the opportunity to work with colleagues from various geographies, supporting on LCQ related tasks and cross-functional or line of business projects. This internship will provide the opportunity to get an understanding of the pharmaceutical industry, handle LCQ aspects first-hand, and gain practical experience in dealing with line of business, as part of an international commercial headquarter.
- On a regular basis, you will be involved in the preparation of various contracts, presentations for the team, support the preparation and delivery legal and compliance trainings.
- You will contribute to the design and organisation of broader events, as well as assist on the implementation of legal and compliance processes and the development of projects related to legal operations, including external legal counsel management, contract outsourcing services, contract management system.
- You will further support on the administration of corporate housekeeping, document signature as well as prepare guidance documents.
- On a case-by-case basis, you will conduct legal research, data analysis, and support on communication needs to internal and external stakeholders.
- You are currently enrolled on a Master’s degree in Law or you have recently completed your degree.
- During your studies, you have already gained experience related to contact law.
- Knowledge of Swiss contract law or prior experience in a corporation will be in advantag
- You are able to communicate key messages in a clear and concise manner and bring excellent oral and written communication skills in English; as IO-SO is an international environment, any additional language skills will be an asset.
- You describe yourself as curious and interested in business, and you are motivated to join a company with a strong purpose.
- You have strong analytical skills and take a proactive, precise, and structured approach to work. you demonstrate unquestionable personal and professional integrity.
About the Department
Headquartered in Zurich, International Operations (IO) covers 22 time-zones and has over 14,000 employees around the world working passionately to change over 20 million patients’ lives each day. As a key driver of Novo Nordisk’s growth, and a geographical scope of 7 Regions covering 194 countries, IO offers a dynamic environment and a world of opportunities.
Around 430 million people are living with diabetes in these countries and an estimated 570 million live with obesity. We serve 25 million people each day living with chronic diseases. Novo Nordisk International Operations, Strategic Operations (IO-SO), is based in Zürich, Switzerland.
Working at Novo Nordisk
Novo Nordisk is its people. We know that life is anything but linear, and balancing what is important at different stages of our career is never easy. That’s why we make room for diverse life situations, always putting people first. We value our employees for the unique skills they bring to the table, and we work continuously to bring out the best in them. Working at Novo Nordisk is working toward something bigger than ourselves, and it’s a collective effort. Novo Nordisk relies on the joint potential and collaboration of its more than 40,000 employees. Together, we go further. Together, we’re life changing.
If you believe you are qualified, and are willing to take the challenge, please send your motivation letter, CV and relevant documentation directly via our online application tool.
We commit to an inclusive recruitment process and equality of opportunity for all our job applicants.
At Novo Nordisk we recognize that it is no longer good enough to aspire to be the best company in the world. We need to aspire to be the best company for the world and we know that this is only possible with talented employees with diverse perspectives, backgrounds and cultures. We are therefore committed to creating an inclusive culture that celebrates the diversity of our employees, the patients we serve and communities we operate in. Together, we’re life changing.